What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving workspace does not save tool windows position

paulst

Hi all,

I work on 2 monitors. I set my tool windows to the other monitor in the order/size etc that I desire. I'll save a new workspace under windows>new workspace. When click off of photo shop to the finder or another app then return to photo shop, the tools are in the right order/size, but on the main monitor.

I've worked this way for years, and this has been going on for the last few Apple OS. I am currently up to date with 10.11.1.

It is very frustrating to go to bridge or other, and have to slide my tool windows back to the other monitor when I return to PS.

Any clues or suggestions?

Thanks,
Paul

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No, I don't believe you have stumped anyone. As for myself, I don't think this is a Photoshop issue and I don't have any suggestions.

I do have a question for clarity. When you say you have worked this way for years, do you mean that you have always placed the tools panel on the extra monitor and for some reason it has started returning back to the monitor containing the Photoshop work space, or, are you saying that this problem as been occurring for a while now, "for the last few Apple OS" ?

Have you asked Adobe about your issue?

paulst

IamSam-yes on both questions. I've been on 2 monitors forever, and about a 18 months ago I started having this problem.

I have the the same setup in my office (iMac witth current OS and older apple Cinema Display as second monitor) with no problems.

At home I've gone through my monitor preferences and cannot find any settings to try and correct the issue. Under arrangement the white bar is on the left/main monitor, and the extra monitor is positioned on the right.

Im at a complete loss. It acts as though my second monitor doesn't exist. I set my tools on the right/extra monitor, save the workspace. When I go to finder or to other app and return to PS I find my tools in the same position, only on my main monitor.

i tried to get on Adobe's forum and it seemed to be down. I'll see if I can hunt down a support phone number.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you Ged, I figured this was a Mac OS issue. Seems like I had that problem a few years ago when I tried using two monitors. I have just not had the time to drill down on this matter.

gedstar

Guru
Sam I think I just got lucky with the Google search, glad Paul got it sorted

"Have I stumped the gurus?"
I think we can safely say no to that :lol:

Last edited: