What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is It Just Me..? #3 CC 2015 Grid Display

MrToM

Guru
I had another go with CC 2015, after all, its been out a while now and and has an official update already, (2015.0.1), so its got to be right.....right?

No.....unless its just me!

Here's the deal....

Grid options in preferences gives you three display 'styles'...'Lines', 'Dashed Lines' and 'Dots'.
Usually I keep this set to 'Lines' but for once I had to use 'Dots' as it seemed easier at the time....wrong!

Check this out...

grid_lines_MT_01.jpg

So is it just me or does the 'Dot' style extend past the canvas for everyone? (Using CC 2015.0.1)

Answers on a postcard please.

Regards.
MrToM.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It also does this in CS6.

The dots appear on the right hand side outside the canvas just like your example.

Screen Shot 2015-11-28 at 9.15.58 PM.png

MrToM

Guru
...It also does this in CS6...
Thanks mate.....and CS6 is what?......nearly 4 years old and its STILL not fixed in CC 2015...and yours in on a MAC too! (I though EVERYTHING just worked on a MAC?) :rofl:

Seriously though, thanks for looking....for once it's not just ME! YAY!

I don't mean that to sound like I'm pleased it doesn't work for you either btw. :biglaff:

Regards.
MrToM.

MrToM

Guru
CS5.1 gives me this...for the dashed lines...!!! :rofl:

grid_lines_MT_02.jpg

...not even on the effin' canvas! (And it gets worse the further out I zoom too!)

Dots are still the same....extending outside the canvas.
Good job its not an 'essential' tool otherwise I'd have chucked it out the window by now.

Remember my first ever 'intro' post...."I have a love / hate relationship with PS..."........hmmmmmm.

Gotta laugh......I guess.

Regards.
MrToM.

MrToM

Guru
Thanks chris, much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Regards.
MrToM.