What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Black Workspace(?)

Herllz03

I actually don't know what it's called but whenever I drag pictures on the workspace(that area where you put your image file) the whole space looks black and I can't do anything. I've tried to find solutions in the internet and some are saying I need to update my GPU Drivers, download the latest DirectX patch & etc. So what I did was I installed the latest GPU Drivers. I've also noticed this problem when I received a message while playing League of Legends that my "An unknown DirectX error has occurred and League of Legends cannot start." But still it is the same, do someone here knows how to resolve this?

Admin edit.... edited out link to gaming site Direct X problem discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Dated September of 2014... is that your post? Don't know what to say about gaming errors having an effect on PS. I never experienced or come across of a black workspace/layer issue before. Unless someone here has an idea of what it is....

But try resetting your PS reference file.... Start Photoshop while holding down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS X).