What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Menu commands blanked out

BCH

Hi

I recently had to change my pc (XP to Win 7 64 pro) and have been trying to restore my CS5 v12.04.
I reloaded my original CS2 followed by the CS5 update that I bought afterwards.
The problem I have is that 60% of my dropdown menus are blank, and Camera Raw is not as complete as formerly.
I have reset preferences using shift/ctr/alt but this hasn't helped.

Any ideas, please? :confused:

BCH

Hi Gedstar

Thanks for your quick reply. Much appreciated.
Screen shot attached.

screen shot.png

graphics & driver are ok
there are no plugins
I had already downloaded the CS5 update.
I hadn't tried resetting essentials but have now. Don't think it has made any difference.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Have you tried resetting Photoshop?

This is how to reset your preferences in Photoshop: Press-and-hold Command-Option-Shift on a Mac or Ctrl-Alt-Shift on a PC, while you start Photoshop. As you start the program you will get a pop-up dialog asking you if you would like to delete the settings file. You choose yes.

gedstar

Guru
Sam I think he already tried that, but could be worth another try

Failing that you could try removing PS CS5 completely and reinstalling, here's a tool you can use to remove any PS remnants from the system
http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs5clean.html
Please follow the instruction carefully

Just another thought have you tried logging onto the PC with a different user profile and try launching PS

BCH

Hi IamSam

Yes, I have tried it several times but thanks for the suggestion.
Barry

BCH

I have tried reloading it several times as well. However, I will try again and also try logging on as a different user. Back soon!

Last edited by a moderator:

gedstar

Guru
I have tried reloading it several times as well. However, I will try again and also try logging on as a different user. Back soon!

I'd recommend using the Cleaner Tool after uninstalling unless you have already tried that!

BCH

Re-installing didn't make any difference - BUT logging on as a different user has done the trick! I set up a new user account and that seems to work fine. Do you know why this might be?

gedstar

Guru
Ah glad that worked for you :thumbsup: the only thing I can think of is that your user profile had become corrupt somehow it happens! Could be an issue with the AppData folder where all the application data is stored for each user profile, could be something in the registry for that profile, it's really had to say.
At least is working for you.

gedstar

Guru
You're very welcome, just glad I was able to help :thumbsup:

Well you know where we are in case you need help again, why not stick around there's plenty of helpful people here PSG

Regards

Ged