What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Layers not automatically going into a new group

sylentbob3

Hey All, first time poster.

In the past, when I've selected layers and pressed Control + G, Photoshop would create a new group with my layers already included in the group.

With the last update, when I create a new group, I have to manually place my layers in the new group.

Anyway to get it back to normal?

Thank!!!

MrToM

Guru
It still works like that in 2015.1.2 so it could be a corrupt prefs file somewhere.

Backup your 2015 settings folder, (you need to rename it), close PS, then delete the original folder.

Restart PS, (it will recreate a new settings folder for you), and see if that makes a difference.

If so you can either stay with the new clean settings or try and deduce which one it was that caused the problem.

Failing that I dunno.....does it happen just with the keyboard shortcut or with the layer panel icons too?

Some versions of PS needed you to Hold 'shift' as well to put selected layers into a new folder automatically.

Regards.
MrToM.

MrToM

Guru
gedstar

Not being funny, this is a serious question, but does resetting a 'workspace' really cure problems like this?

Its such a bizarre idea and just the sort of thing Adobe would dream up, (read Friday afternoon blue sky session after a long lunch in the 'Brewers Arms'), that its almost believable.

I've never had the opportunity to try it as I don't use 2015 so it doesn't go wrong but have you successfully 'fixed' anything by doing this?

I don't doubt ya mate....just never known it to be a solution.....or is this JUST a 2015 thang?

Regards.
MrStickingWith2014.

MrToM

Guru
Ok, I'll take that as a no then...you haven't.

EDIT:
Damn forum cut half my post off!

Sorry about that....I 'had' followed that up...

So where does this idea come from?

IS it just a 2015 thing and it 'resets' all the panel values too?

Can't find anything about it.

Regards.
MrToM.

Last edited: