What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CS5 Crashing when opening files

whitneywoot

Hello Friends! I have been stumped and I'm about to lose my mind. I've been searching threads for days and trying so many things, but nothing has worked yet.

I can open Photoshop (CS5 Extended v12.0.4 running on OS X Yosemite 10.10.4) and start a new project, or open jpegs, and work with it just fine for hours. I save it, come back to it the next day, and when opening the file photoshop crashes. Every time it's almost done loading, or seems to be loaded, and then crash! I can't get the files open, I can't keep working, I've even restarted projects from scratch thinking there was something wrong with that file. But it doesn't matter the .psd file, made with this exact program on this computer or not, it crashes. These are files that I know are good, are small (like 24.5mb) and still working and functioning on other machines. Anyone know what's happening? I've attached the crash report as well, for anyone who can understand what it's saying.

I've uninstalled a troublesome font keeper (should I uninstall all of them?), I've reset preferences, things are all up to date as far as I can tell, scratch disks/RAM/performance settings have been adjusted, over 700gb of space on my hard drive, I've renamed files, tried opening other photoshop formats like .psb, its not linked to adobe drive... What more can I do to try and fix this? I would have tried uninstalling and reinstalling already, but I can't for the life of me find the install software...so am I screwed and just have to purchase it again?

Thank you for any advice and help!

Attachments

• Photoshop Crash Report.pdf
    155.2 KB · Views: 3

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG. Sorry your having problems.

I think you need to re-install CS5e. If you can't find the software, you should consider upgrading to the latest version of CC.

gedstar

Guru
Last edited: