What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issue with soft borders when cutting and pasting. CS5, OS10.6.8

Sockbunny

When I cut a detail from an image already in Photoshop & proceed to paste the detail into a new blank document, I get this mysterious soft border, as this around the detail image of my dog. I'm using it for work though, not pet photos, and I don't remember this effect being default. I don't know what it is. Thanks in advance for reading this.

Yes, I will be upgrading as soon a new MBPs come out!

PShopBrdrs.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It looks like whatever tool your using to make the selection (cut) with has a feather setting. Are you using the Rectangular Marquis Tool?

Sockbunny

Hey, I just noticed a feather setting of 5 px. I didn't know where to look. It's the only tool I reliably use and i hadn't made any changes. Thanks a billion for the help. This is my 1st post so I will try to go see how to mark it solved. I haven't been on a forum in a long, long time.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No need to mark it. Glad to have helped.