What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop freezes for 15+ minutes "Reading Preferences" followed by 9 or 10 "program

MoltresRider

I have having an issue with Photoshop freezing during startup on "reading preferences", it will be frozen for 15+ minutes with the busy mouse cursor, at this same time, the entire computer becomes very laggy. When it eventually goes on and starts up, I get several "could not be started due to a program error" messages such as "the welcome extension could not be started due to a program error" "Filter Gallery could not be loaded due to a program error", they all came one by one. The program lags and various actions cause "Photoshop has stopped working", it asks me to send a report to Microsoft but gives no information on a fix like it does when other programs crash. Sometimes I am lucky to export 1 image, but most of the time freeze or crash.

Last edited by a moderator:

MoltresRider

Re: Photoshop freezes for 15+ minutes "Reading Preferences" followed by 9 or 10 "prog

I fixed my problem by revo uninstalling and then reinstalling, but now I face a different problem...