What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem With Custom Shape Tool

Rich54

Guru
I just got a new computer and installed Photoshop CS5. The only difference I'm aware of between the old and new computers is that the old one was running the 32-bit version of CS5 and the new one has the 64-bit version. On my old computer, the custom shape tool had nearly 300 vector shapes to choose from (see below). But on the new computer, there are only about 30 shapes available. Any idea where all the shapes went and how I can get them back?

Custom Shape Tool.jpg

MrToM

Guru
What you are seeing is only the "loaded" shapes at the current time.

You can add or remove shapes from this list as you wish...essentially so that you only 'see' the shapes you need to see for your current project.

if you click the very small 'arrow' top right of that window you'll have the option to 'add' more shapes, remove those you can see...all sorts of things.

You don't ever 'delete' shapes completely, just choose which ones are displayed....you can save sets of shapes too if you have ones you use all the time....and of course you can add to them as well.

You'll notice when you click that arrow that you get a list of all the installed 'shape' sets.....just choose one and either 'append to' or 'replace' the ones you see now.

Regards.
MrToM.