What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JPEG TrueColor 1.2

amir_photoshop

Hello
I have a few years of use Photoshop software, and I have a question, Adobe Photoshop jpeg format output files to JPEG TrueColor 1.2 storage format, but other formats JPEG TrueColor 1.1 photo editing software to store, what's the difference the format is JPEG TrueColor 1.2 and JPEG TrueColor 1.1 ?

revnart

Power User
Found this in the internet:
Shortly thereafter, the group came to the conclusion that the spatial sampling relationship of components specified in JFIF 1.0 was not ideal since it followed digital video conventions rather than those used in common computer formats such as Postscript and QuickTime. They chose to publish another version, JFIF 1.01, which changed that part of the specification to follow the computer format convention. This was deemed to be a minor change since JFIF 1.0 had been circulated for only a short while and decoders which ignored the version number would still render similar images. The Independent JPEG Group (IJG) adopted JFIF version 1.01 for use in its public domain software, which eventually led to millions of images being published in this format. Later in 1992, user feedback led to the final version of JFIF, version 1.02, which supported additional thumbnail formats – most importantly including thumbnails stored in compressed format.

Edit: it's about JFIF, my bad.

Last edited: