What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop CS3 not starting

stholhuijsen

Hi!

I have a problem with Photoshop CS3: it is not starting. I have Windows 7. When I try to start photoshop the program flashes very quickly but then nothing happens..
On another similar computer here with (I think) the same properties it does start, but no idea why..

Anyone any idea what this might be?

Kind regards,
Stijn Tholhuijsen

gedstar

Guru
Hi and Welcome to PSG

Have you tried this
http://pearsonsupport.helpserve.com...-a-program-in-compatibility-mode-in-windows-7

Take a look in EventViewer to see if there's any errors there, to open EventViewer just type eventvwr at the command prompt and open the application log

Untitled.jpg

Also you could try this
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Plug-Ins\Import-Export Find a file named Twain_32.8BA. Right click on the file and select rename and add a tilde (~) that's Shift # in front of the file name.

Failing that have you tried re-installing PS

Last edited: