What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with Layers Panel in CS5

Rich54

Guru
This problem just came out of nowhere today. When I launch Photoshop and open a new or existing document, the Adjustment layers panel and the Layers Panel are collapsed and blank, as in ScreenShot #1 below. If I click on the words ADJUSTMENT and LAYERS the panels expand and go back to normal (ScreenShot #2). But when I shut down Photoshop and re-launch it, it reverts back to ScreenShot #1. I tried resetting all preferences, but that didn't do anything.

Any suggestions?

ScreenShot1.jpg

ScreenShot2.jpg

Rich54

Guru
Thanks. I'm at work now, but I'll try these suggestions tonight when I get home.

Rich54

Guru
I tried both Revnart's and Gedstar's suggestions and neither worked. I had never paid much attention to the Essentials, Design, etc. workspaces until Revnart pointed them out, but resetting Essentials didn't help. I even tried creating a new custom workspace, but that didn't work either. So I finally surrendered... I de-installed and re-installed Photoshop, so for the moment everything is back to normal. I don't know if I accidentally hit a button that I shouldn't have, or if it's something more concerning. There was a post here several weeks ago where somebody suggested that older versions of Photoshop (I have CS5) might be unstable on Windows 10, which I have recently upgraded to. Everything was fine for a couple of months, so we'll see if this issue happens again.

Paul

Former Member
CS5 can be 'glitchy' with windows 10, that said any of the PS versions can be 'glitchy' at times, patches in the post no doubt.