What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Files becomes black and without layers

Miriam Di Matteo

Hi, I have a problem, the file with whom i work yesterday became black. Yesterday i saved this file and put in standby the PC. This morning my PC has restart and has closed all. When i open Photoshop, some files had recovered, but one not. If i open this files it has only background layers and it is black, but my files had more layers. Do you know i recover my file?
prob photoshop.PNG

MrToM

Guru
From the little information given I'd say you will not be able to 'recover'' anything...but...

If your version of PS has the ability to auto save recovery info, AND the file in question is a recovered file, (It has 'Recovered' in the filename), then that's it.....what you see is all you have.

The 'recover' feature isn't really that useful as it relies on certain actions to actually create a 'recover' file. Not only that, certain actions will delete the last 'recovery' file anyway....like saving your work, so if PS decides it needs to open a 'recovered' file it may not be the last one it saved....but one some 20 minutes earlier!

If you have a saved version it may be nearer to what you expected than the 'recovered' version PS has opened for you, but it will of course only be as good to the point of you saving it.

Save often.....and close PS first if you intend to put your PC into 'standby' again.

Regards.
MrToM.

Miriam Di Matteo

thanks for your answer. I guess they can not do anything for the lost files, it is as if it had been overwritten by a black file.