What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Popups on opening file in CS6 created in earlier version

matthare2k

Hi All

I am getting the following pop-ups when opening these files in Photoshop CS6 (the font files are in place). The files were created in an earlier version of Photoshop.

Same again on the business card, I have noticed all the text layers have the warning style icon on them in the layers panel, which says "font is present but a layout change is required", then when using the text edit tool i get the above popups every time and if i agree it either changes the font used or slightly moves it etc.

This applies to both of the following.

PhotoshopCS6_OnStartupPopup3.jpg

PhotoshopCS6_OnStartupPopup4.jpg

Really need help with this one guys.

Thanks

Matt

gedstar

Guru
Hi Matt and Welcome to PSG

You say that "the font files are in place" I assume you mean that the same fonts are installed here
font location.jpg

Found this
"You created the text layer in an older version of Photoshop that had a slightly different layout engine.
Editing it in the newer version of Photoshop may change the layout."

I don't think there's anything you can do other than except the changes