What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Switch between the Polygonal Lasso Tool and Zoom - is it possible ?

Aquinax

Basically my question is whether one can change the Zoom of picture, in the midst of working with the Polygonal Lasso Tool, so that one can continue the selection with the named tool? The premise of the question is that I have a picture, where one needs both the high and low zoom to select the finer and larger details of the picture ..

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
While working with the Polygonal Lasso tool, press and hold the Z key on the keyboard then click and move the mouse/cursor right or left, release click, release Z key.

You can also use the Cmd/Cntrl + Positive + or negative - keys

Aquinax

Ctrl +/ - does indeed work, regarding the first method - should one click, hold and then move the left mouse button? This doesn't work for me? Thanks for replying.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Make sure scrubby zoom is ticked/checked on your Zoom Tool.

Screen Shot 2016-08-18 at 9.22.02 AM.png

MrToM

Guru
In Windows 7 and using CC 2014 the scrubby zoom doesn't work but holding CTRL + Spacebar or ALT + Spacebar does allow you to still click and zoom instead of scrub.

Regards.
MrToM.

Aquinax

In Windows 7 and using CC 2014 the scrubby zoom doesn't work but holding CTRL + Spacebar or ALT + Spacebar does allow you to still click and zoom instead of scrub.

Regards.
MrToM.
Thanks,I've exactly CC 2014 and it doesn't work for me. Ctrl +/- does the job for me perfectly.