What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CS6 freezing while attempting to loading psds or psbs containing multiple layers

furigaeru

[FONT=&quot]I work with a lot of files containing up to 500 layers since I work with videos often. I was trying to open a psb with 500 frames I had imported earlier but had to save for later so I could update my system. After opening it, Photoshop loaded it and in the space where you would expect your file preview to show up where you do all your editing at, it just showed the transperant checkerboard background except on the spot where my mouse was hovered over it. The same thing appears to happen every time I import frames as layers. Photoshop imports them quickly and then freezes attempting to rasterize a preview from the frames and I end up having to force close it from the Task Manager.

I am using a computer with 8gb of ram, a 3.0ghz cpu and a AMD gpu (i dont know the exact name of it). If you need any more info to help me out I'll be glad to oblige. Thanks guys.[/FONT]

Tom Mann

Guru
What are the pixel dimensions of each frame? (I.e., the video "resolution")?

Tom M

furigaeru

What are the pixel dimensions of each frame? (I.e., the video "resolution")?

Tom M
1920x1080.

i have actually managed to make it work by clicking on photoshop as it hangs trying to load the preview of the file but even after i finish resizing it (usually i downsize them to about 4 to 6 times their actual size before i actually start editing it) it still freezes whilst attempting to playback the frames.