What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are my ruler cursor-markers inaccurate (though the rulers are accurate)?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The OP is using CS6 but unfortunately this problem seems to be with every version, (that I've tried so far at least), not just CS6.
I know, just saying......I like my bugs! LOL!!

MrToM said:
PS...but I do still wonder why, yes. :rofl:
Me too!

"From my tests the size of the document is irrelevant, as is the zoom level, resolution in fact everything, but that's not to say this will be the situation for everyone."

Odd. Doc size is the key for me. Resolution seems to make no difference. Zoom seems to 'fix' it, but only for particular zoom levels in particular circumstances. It's by no means a solution. Your solution involving moving the canvas* does seem to be a definite, if temporary, fix though - and that's fine for me. Thanks so much for discovering it!

Ahh, bugs!

[*edited for clarity]

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
...Odd. Doc size is the key for me. Resolution seems to make no difference. Zoom seems to 'fix' it, but only for particular zoom levels in particular circumstances...
Ah, no....I was talking about solving the problem when I said that, not recreating it.

The 'zoom' method I mentioned earlier was superseded by moving the document, in fact it was just a happy coincidence that by zooming in to 3200% I was in fact pushing the document into the bottom right corner.....that's when the penny dropped that it was the movement that did the trick, not the zoom.

...It's by no means a solution...
Shouldn't need a solution for this, it shouldn't have even been a problem years ago let alone now, but its an Adobe product so...

...Your solution involving moving the window does seem to be a definite, if temporary, fix though...
I applaud your optimism for something more permanent in your lifetime. :biglaff:

(And just to clarify its the DOCUMENT, (Or canvas if you prefer), that needs to move within the workspace, not the PS window....which can't move anyway if its maximized.)

...Thanks so much for discovering it!...
No worries. :thumbsup:

I've also just discovered that panning the document to ANY corner, (To its limits), will work....and when used with the spacebar shortcut its not really that bad...unnecessary but does the trick.

Regards.
MrToM.

Last edited: