What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Odd pen tool behavior in CC 2015

ColdFrixion

I use the pen tool regularly in CC 2015 and for whatever reason it's begun behaving oddly today. For instance, If I place an anchor point without handles on screen, then add a connecting path to another anchor point with handles and attempt to modify the path using the CTRL (CMD) key, a handle is added to the first anchor point and both anchor points start moving around. Here's a video:

Much different than the behavior I'm getting in CS6:

Is there a setting that changes the pen tool behavior per the video above? I've tried resetting the pen tool to no avail.

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
Select the 'Direct Selection' tool and check the 'Constrain Path dragging' checkbox in the menu bar.

Go back to using the 'Pen' tool and it should be the same as CS6.

Regards.
MrToM.

ColdFrixion

Select the 'Direct Selection' tool and check the 'Constrain Path dragging' checkbox in the menu bar.

Go back to using the 'Pen' tool and it should be the same as CS6.

You're a saint! Thank you, MrToM! I would've never figured that out on my own. Cheers, mate!