What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop creating closed shape with pen tool despite Shift being held down

MoltresRider

I held down the shift key on my keyboard after I made my last point using the pen tool in Photoshop. But instead of Photoshop just creating a line like it is supposed to when you hold down Shift, it created an entire shape and closes it and fills it. Photoshop does not just stop the line where I Shift-Clicked, it still closes it from that point!

Does anybody know what the problem could be?

MrToM

Guru
What PS / OS version?

Are you trying to create a Path or a Shape?

The only reason it would create a shape is if you've got the tool set to create one, otherwise it should end the path where you click.

What happens if you terminate the procedure by hitting the 'Esc' key after the last anchor point instead?

Regards.
MrToM.

MoltresRider

I have a character image that her tail is cut off just a little bit, I am trying to use the path tool to draw a line from the points where it is cut off to complete the tiny bit where it is cut off and then use the clone tool followed by heal tool to to fill in the little bit of the missing area

ColdFrixion

I have a character image that her tail is cut off just a little bit, I am trying to use the path tool to draw a line from the points where it is cut off to complete the tiny bit where it is cut off and then use the clone tool followed by heal tool to to fill in the little bit of the missing area

To reiterate what MrToM has stated, make sure Path is selected from the pick tool mode drop down menu:

Attachments

• Path.jpg
    Path.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 3