What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop CS6 brush and eraser tools are streaking across the active layer. Incredibl

Zach Peterson

Video of the issue I'm having:

The video only shows the issue when using the brush tool. However, the exact same thing is happening when I use the eraser tool. It will erase a long streak across what layer is active. I've tried Googling this issue, and haven't come up with anything. Does anyone have any idea what's causing this?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Photoshop CS6 brush and eraser tools are streaking across the active layer. Incre

Two questions..........what are you trying to do and are you holding the shift key?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Photoshop CS6 brush and eraser tools are streaking across the active layer. Incre

Have you tried resetting preferences or the tool itself?

This is how to reset your preferences in Photoshop: Press-and-hold Command-Option-Shift on a Mac or Ctrl-Alt-Shift on a PC, while you start Photoshop. As you start the program you will get a pop-up dialog asking you if you would like to delete the settings file. Deleting the file will create a new set of preferences from scratch.

To reset a tool.
Go to the TOOL PRESET PICKER located in the top left had corner of the TOOL OPTIONS BAR.
Right click and choose RESET TOOL.
or
Click on the down arrow and a window will open.
On the top right hand side of that widow will be a gear icon…click on this and choose RESET TOOL.