What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop colors are not correct

bandidos

Hello.

I have one question. How can i fix colors in photoshop because they are really different than on computer and web.

Check picture. On left is photoshop file and on right is when i click save for web... and that looks like on web and computer too.

brGmFg0.png

so basically in photoshop are colors less bright.

I using CS5

tnx for answers

regards

Last edited by a moderator:

bandidos

Tnx for response, but its still the same. for example if i screenshot web palette and paste it to photoshop and "color picked" it you can see that is even not the same color that on real palette.

color.png

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Is your screen correctly calibrated?

I tested it with this web colorchart and all colors did match:

Xterm_color_chart.png

thebestcpu

Guru
Those two colors are actually pretty close and only 1 bit difference in R, G, and B

Not surprising there is not an exact match. If you are using color managed software when viewing, the sRGB colors of the pallette are converted to new color numbers in the profile space of your monitor. Typically, when you copy and paste from the monitor, it brings it over in your monitor color space.

Then depending on your color settings in PS, it is either inserted as is with the new color numbers or if PS is set to convert back to your preferred color space (I assume sRGB), then it will convert back to sRGB. So in the best case you are going through a round trip with two conversions including unspecified rendering intents with each conversion.

I am actually surprised the numbers are not further off.

As a side note, the posted image has no tagged color space either.

Hope these thoughts are helpful.

Last edited: