What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop crashes libcef.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

geoffreyc60

Have been using photoshop for several years but have recently upgraded to CC along with the purchase of a new Windows 10 PC, specs as follows:-

HP Pavilion desktop model # 550-103na
AMD A10-8750
16GB DDR3
AMD Radeon R7 Graphics + R5 330 Dual Graphics
HDD1 128GB SSD
HDD2 2TB HDD

Since installation have been getting random crashes using photoshop both with and without the nik software plug-ins (happened with silver efx and analogue efx)

Contacted adobe support who remote accessed my pc and immediately disabled one of the graphics in device manager where upon it crashed other than that they were no help whatsoever.

Have had crashes with and without using graphics processor in photoshop also.

Had no problems using older version of PS on a much less well spec'ed PC.

Am hoping someone can help out a newbie!

Thanks in advance

Geoff

[h=1][/h]

gedstar

Guru
Hi Geoff

Can you take a look at event viewer to see whats causing the crash, to access it just right click on the start button and select Event Viewer
Untitled.jpg

Take a look here and you should see a crash log for Photoshop
Untitled1.jpg

geoffreyc60

Unfortunately I did a system reset this morning so don't have the log files, but it was libcef.dll that was the culprit.

gedstar

Guru
OK try this

Go to this location
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Required\Plug-Ins

And put a tilde in front of the folder called Space so it looks like this, use shift hash key on the keyboard to get it
Photoshop+2017+Fix.JPG

P.S. if Photoshop is still crashing there will be error logs in event viewer even after a reset!

Last edited:

geoffreyc60

Thanks, I'll let you know how it goes.

What's your opinion of the AMD dual cards my PC is using should this cause a problem do you think?

gedstar

Guru
It's had to say, if there was issues with the GPU the log files in event viewer would show that, dual GPU's are overkill for PS, I think their more geared towards gamers

Last edited:

gedstar

Guru
Did you try the above I mentioned in my previous post?
That error message is pointing to what I mentioned above in post 6!!

if so try disabling this in preferences
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

geoffreyc60

From the log files it doesn't look like the graphics is the problem though does it?

When I was online with Adobe support yesterday he told me they where aware of the problems with libcef.dll

gedstar

Guru
It's impossible to say without seeing all the events in the event log, you can save a log file by right clicking on Applications and selecting Save All Events As and then you can upload the file here if you want me to take a look
Untitled1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.