What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help with Moving Layers Panel

Rich54

Guru
I accidentally did something that caused my layers panel to become un-docked. As you can see in the image below, the layers panel is now free-floating within the work area. I prefer it to be docked to the right edge but I can't figure out how to get it attached back to where it was. Anyone know how to do that? (I have CS5).

Thanks
Rich

ScreenShot.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Rich, grasp the panel at the very top and drag it to the right until a blue line appears, then release.

Rich54

Guru
Hey Rich, grasp the panel at the very top and drag it to the right until a blue line appears, then release.

I had already Googled an article that said exactly what you just said, but for some reason I wasn't getting the blue line. But now I just tried it again and it worked. Thanks.

MrToM

Guru
Just as a side note, when you have your panels set up how you like them, save the 'Workspace'. (Use New Workspace...)

This way, if you ever 'accidentally' move them again you only need 'reset' your workspace and they'll automatically pop right back into place.

workspace_MT_01.jpg

You can minimise the workspace area in the menu bar by dragging the double pipe (arrowed) left or right....then use the double arrow to open the dropdown menu.

Regards.
MrToM.