What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CC very sluggish with lag

bwspringer

Since I bought a new Mac Mini (top one available) with 16 GB RAM & 2TB Fusion Drive, CC is very sluggish. I am on a Mac running the latest OS and usually keep most other programs closed except Bridge.
The Fusion drive only has my apps on it so there is about 1.5TB plus free. I keep all my files/photos on a Thunderbolt External Drive.
I use a lot of different brushes and my typical image is 9000 x 6000 pixels with multiple layers. When I select a tool there is a lag and when I go into my brush palette to select a brush there is a significant delay in moving up and down thru the palette and after I choose a brush and go to use it.

Anyone else have this issue? Any recommendations on preference set up?

Pipsmom

Guru
Only had it happen about three times...Usually it's right after I downloaded a brush or a new app to try that was dodgy...
So after the second time I know to run AVG and it quarantines the bug that caused my lag and ends the problem.
This may not be the case of your laggin issue...just thought I'd mention it.