What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bought a new tablet and photoshop has cursor lag

ArGT

Hey everybody, I just bought a graphic "monitor", at least that's what it says one box, and when I use it in photoshop, Paintool Sai , or even flash. The cursor takes ages to catch up. And everybody is telling me to replace the my WHOLE computer but those suggestions come from people who want me to make a gaming rig which isn't my goal.

now my question is whether or not I should just get one part for my laptop. Like RAM or SSD. And whether it can actually fix the problem of cursor lag. My processor isn't quite the best but it was working just fine before. So if anything like I would appeciate an answer that doesn't involve me spending multi thousands... or even 1000$ to just use a couple of programs.

Im not sure if others have encountered this problem but I appreciate any suggestions... just ones that yknow... don't involve me spending thousands like it's no big deal... thank you...

gedstar

Guru
Hi and Welcome to PSG

It would help if you provided the name and model of the "graphic monitor" and the exact specs of your current system e.g. RAM, Processor, GPU, OS and available space on your HD also what version of PS you have

ArGT

Let's see the graphic monitor/tablet is. Parblo Coast10 10.1in Graphic Monitor

My Laptop is a HP 2000-2a28DX Notebook with 1.4GHz AMD E1-1200 Accelerated Processor, 4GB RAM,
AMD Radeon HD 7310 Discrete-Class, 104GB free on Hard drive, and running OS is Windows 7.

The version of photoshop I'm trying to run is CS 6 but if it makes things easier I can downgrade to cs5

gedstar

Guru
Well there doesn't seem to be much info on the Parblo Coast10 10.1 from what I can see on the web
Here's that support page, you could try installing the latest driver from there to see if that helps
http://parblo.com/support

You could also increase the memory of the Laptop the max is 8GB so you could add another 4GB, an SSD will make a lot of difference although I'm not sure that would resolve the lag issues

MrToM

Guru
I found this but I'm sorry to say that it just emphasises the problems you are already aware of.

Eventually the guy took it back, paid a little extra and got something that worked.

Regards.
MrToM.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I agree with Ged, I don't think your running enough DDR SDRAM...................Adobe recommends 16GB for Ps, so I also think that even if you increase it to 8GB, it still might not solve the problem.

ArGT

I think i'll I get more RAM or SSD. I mean if if photoshop cs5 was able to be okay with 4GB of Ram. CS6 should be passable? I mean the graphic monitor (kinda a pretentious name in retrospect)... is just like a second screen so... maybe it just sucks up more Juice.

It's better than buying a 6000$ gaming PC that I'll really have no purpose for that an aquaintance I have wants me to get right?

gedstar

Guru
As pointed out, the issue seems to be with the actual graphic monitor itself. If you look at the video about 5:40 minutes in you'll see the lagging the user is experiencing.
You don't need a $6000 gaming PC to run Photoshop, any of the PC's here would quite happily run PS
https://www.amazon.com/gp/search/re...mputers&ie=UTF8&qid=1491985249&rnid=676578011

Upgrading your RAM and HD to an SSD will improve system performance but it's NOT guaranteed to fix the lag issues you are experiencing so bear that in mind!

Last edited: