What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop issue with left-aligned Windows 8 taskbar

I set up my windows theme with the idea of a left-aligned taskbar in mind. I've arranged everything around this and would very much like to keep it. Unfortunately, Photoshop (I have CS6 Extended) seems to have taken issue with this decision, and has decided to take measures to drive me crazy xD (and yes, I'm aware that Photoshop is not in fact sentient).

The Issue:
This only happens when I have my Windows taskbar set to the "left side of the screen". Photoshop will not allow me to reposition any window of a file open in Photoshop. Instead, as soon as I release the mouse button after attempting to reposition the window, the window will instantly jump to about an inch left of the top-left corner of the Photoshop workspace. If a reposition is attempted a second time, it will then jump to about 2 inches left of the top-left corner of the workspace, and it will continue to do so until it is almost off the screen.

Visual of what's happening:
Photoshop issue.png

If anyone can help me I'd very much appreciate it.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Interesting. And I thought I was the only one with a sentient version of Ps!

Before you go any further, try resetting your preferences. This seems to cure a lot of odd behavior in Ps.

How to reset Photoshop preferences (In Windows):

First, close Photoshop. Then hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift buttons and reopen Photoshop or a file that opens with Photoshop, and as Photoshop loads, you should get a prompt asking if you would like to "delete the Photoshop settings file", Click yes.

Let us know if that works.

MrToM, That video shows exactly what's happening to me. Looks like I have version 13.0 so I will try updating to 13.0.1.1 when I get home later tonight and see if that helps. I'll let you guys know how it goes.