What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brent Minehan

Hi guys, I am having an annoying issue, when I opened my PS file these black artifacts came on the screen, I never created them. Any advice? I can can redo parts of the image but I have to finish them for tomorrow so its a pain. The second image was the white background layer, those black patterns appeared.

Attachments

• ARtifact.JPG
    ARtifact.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 222ad.JPG
    222ad.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 0

Argos

Guru
MM strange has to be some problem with one of the layers but without the psd file it's hard to tell, if you work in a non destructive way and have the original doesnt have to be a problem i think.

gedstar

Guru
Hi and welcome to the forum

Can you post a screenshot of the image opened in PS with the layers panels showing, also would it be possible to upload the PSD, if it's to large you can use something like DropBox
https://www.dropbox.com/

MrToM

Guru
This happens sometimes if the file gets interrupted during saving and AFAIK there is not much you can do about it....blame Adobe.

If you could share the file it may be possible to fix it better than a quick 'Content Aware' as I've done below...

ARtifact_MT_01.jpg

There is software that claims to 'recover' damaged PSD files but I've never had much luck with it.

Regards.
MrToM.