What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop CS6 Bridge is freezing, even after reinstall

Monte Evans

I recently had a Windows 10 update and my computer crashed immediately after. My tech guy got it going again (corrupt file) and everything seems to work just fine EXCEPT Bridge. The Photoshop side seems to work fine except when I start it up, it now opens a NEW DOCUMENT window every time, but that started happening a few weeks ago. I just thought it was an errant startup script and I was going to investigate it when I had time. It was only a nuisance.

I have updated my graphics driver, and Bridge still will not work. Bridge either works VERY slowly and then freezes, or it just freezes. I have to use Task Manager to close it. I have used PS for many years and I have never had anything happen like this

I downloaded a trial of Photoshop CC 2017 and it works perfectly and Bridge works great too.

I deactivated my PS CS 6 and reinstalled it - twice and Bridge still freezes. I can't imagine that my computer is at fault if PS CC 2017 works so well. I have turned off all startup scripts - no help. I have cleared my preferences - no help.

Windows 10, 64 bit system, 16 Gig of RAM, Nvidia GeForce 550 GTX Ti graphics card

Does anybody have any ideas? I am getting desperate.

Thank you,
Monte