What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noise Ruduction Problem in ACR 9.12

Hi all,

I recently updated my CC package which included Camera RAW's upgrade to 9.12. I can no longer see any change in noise when using the Noise Reduction/Luminence slider and i've run out of possible ideas to whats causing it.

Please help!!!

fredfish

Guru
I have just checked this out - and the same here! Sorry that isn't any help. I even tried downloading some noisy images of the internet - same result. Looks like a classic Adobe case of "If it aint broke - we can break it!"

To be honest I don't use noise reduction much so I might not be doing it right - but intuition tells me that the sliders aren't doing anything.

Cheers

John

fredfish

Guru
Thats interesting Eggy - have you updated camera raw to the latest version IE. 9.12?

I am also on Windows 10 so perhaps it is that. Any chance you could provide your test image so that I can try with exactly the same image that you have used (and I will try the same settings you have used) for a direct comparison.

Cheers

John

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I've looked around and the most common solution was Turning OFF GPU acceleration in ACR preferences

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thats interesting @Eggy - have you updated camera raw to the latest version IE. 9.12?

I am also on Windows 10 so perhaps it is that. Any chance you could provide your test image so that I can try with exactly the same image that you have used (and I will try the same settings you have used) for a direct comparison.

Cheers

John

Hey John,

Yes I have version 9.12 and the used picture is in this thread: Remove/replace background from selfie picture

fredfish

Guru
Interesting - I just tried with that image and yes it is fine and clearly reduces the noise (well evens out the .jpeg artifacts). The biggest difference between that image and the one I tried is that this image is of a significantly lower resolution.

As I said I am no expert in noise reduction! :rolleyes:

Cheers

John