What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PSD t? JPG problem

tfaja57

Hi guys
Sorry to bother you, I have issue with PS6 , can't change from PSD to JPG. "save as" icon not responding. There is 8bit/channel , restarted PS and computer, then I set settings to default ( Ctrl+Shift +Alt ) still nothing.
And finally I reinstalled Ps, but still can't change it.
Please Help
Regards
Tom

To start with please post a screenshot of the drop down when you try to 'save as'.

like this

Untitled-1.jpg

Try next:

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Try next:

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

I did that and doesn't work ether, then I reinstalled Ps on computer and still doesn't work....

Go to image-mode and it should say 'RGB color'

Untitled-1.jpg

Go to help-->system info and show me a screenshot from that.

How long are you using CS6 and have you encountered this problem before - what extention did you used before?

Go to help-->system info and show me a screenshot from that.

How long are you using CS6 and have you encountered this problem before - what extention did you used before?

I think over 2 years , never experienced something like that, before I used Cs5, but only for few month

cb096a96788b02c897718e76b282f7f5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
These are the minimum requirements for running CS6 on a Win7 X64 machine:

• Intel? Pentium? 4 or AMD Athlon? 64 processor
  • Microsoft? Windows? XP with Service Pack 3 or Windows 7 with Service Pack 1
  • 1GB of RAM
  • 1GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash-based storage devices)
  • 1024?768 (1280?800 recommended) resolution display with 16-bit color and 256MB (512MB for Extended) of VRAM
  • OpenGL 2.0-capable system

Keep in mind that this is bottom minimum.

I'm out of ideas for the moment and I have to go out now.

Maybe another member will take over with a solution, so be patient.

These are the minimum requirements for running CS6 on a Win7 X64 machine:

• Intel? Pentium? 4 or AMD Athlon? 64 processor
  • Microsoft? Windows? XP with Service Pack 3 or Windows 7 with Service Pack 1
  • 1GB of RAM
  • 1GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash-based storage devices)
  • 1024?768 (1280?800 recommended) resolution display with 16-bit color and 256MB (512MB for Extended) of VRAM
  • OpenGL 2.0-capable system

Keep in mind that this is bottom minimum.

I'm out of ideas for the moment and I have to go out now.

Maybe another member will take over with a solution, so be patient.

Thanks

Is there any possability that you could post your .psd file via a dropbox account so that we could have a look at it?

Dropbox accounts are free for up to 2gb of data. http://www.dropbox.com

I suspect that there is some confusion here about some of the terminology.

Cheers

John

Hi Tom

What version of CS6 are you using. You can find this under "About Photoshop"

Prior to CS6 version 13.1 there was a 30,000 pixel limit in either direction even though the JPEG spec allows larger.
With CS6 version 13.1 or higher is supports the full 64K max pixels in either direction.

Also there is a 2G file size limit in Photoshop.

If you exceed either of the above requirements, the options for JPEG will not show (as I understand). There may be other limits as well yet thought the above would be good to start with.

Hope this helps

John Wheeler

Last edited:
I think thebestcpu might well have the solution.

I was just going to suggest trying to convert another file - just to see if it is the file or the system at fault. But I think that John is probably right, particularly if the dimensions you posted before are in fact correct.

Cheers

John

Back