What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot type the letter "H"

Nathaniel Higgins

This issue started up yesterday. I cannot, regardless of font type or size or capitalization, type the letter "h" using the text tool. I can copy and paste the letter in, but trying to type it any other way does nothing.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

Assuming that your using the same keyboard to type this post and the H seems to be working, I would try resetting Photoshop's preferences.

How to reset Photoshop preferences (In Windows): First, hold down all three Ctrl + Alt + Shift buttons. Now "while keeping those button held," simply open Photoshop or a file that opens with Photoshop, and as Photoshop loads, you should get a prompt asking if you would like to "delete the Photoshop settings file", Click yes. You should now have a fresh slate with all of the settings returned to their default.

On a Mac, hold Shift + Option + Command while starting Photoshop to delete the preferences.

Nathaniel Higgins

Nevermind, it was on my end. I had downloaded this thing called PAssistant to get rid of that annoying alt menu popup, and I realized it had set H to be a hotkey. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sure.............although I didn't do anything! LOL!!

Have a good one.