What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

colouring an oldblack and white photo

Hoogle

Guru
colouring an old black and white photo video tutorial

Ok this is a poor quality tutorial but I will be remaking it at a slower pace I have had all sorts of problems so just rushed it out when I finally got 1 rendered I apologise was still ill and was struggling to breathe

Last edited:
E

elmo033057

I recently did one of these for my family, I have an original black-and-white photograph from the depression era that I colorized it using a technique I believe I heard on here.dadbw2.jpg

dadcolor3.jpg

E

elmo033057

thanks for the compliment, I really do appreciate it especially when it comes from people on here who are really experienced. I think the best effect of this picture is the fact that my father was standing on the left was drunk at the time this picture was taken. He always got that kind of a grin on his face whenever he was drinking, LOL!

Hoogle

Guru
I would have painted in some black over the hair though keep the layer mode as normal but reduce the opacity of the layer right down its the only sign that it has been artificially coloured

Hoogle

Guru
Ok yet again redoing this video I failed on lol was recording only a section of the screen I give up for now

Burned Ice

Power User
thanks for the tutorial :)