What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Tutorial: EGGS! Color isolation and Layer masks!

Vafann

Guru
Thank you! I learned a couple of things from this that will be very helpful! I didn´t know that you could put filters and things on the layer mask, that is going to be very useful!! :)

hawkeye

Guru
You're not using the filter on the mask itself, it's being used on the image. The mask dictates what is revealed or hidden on that layer.

Vafann

Guru
You're not using the filter on the mask itself, it's being used on the image. The mask dictates what is revealed or hidden on that layer.

Oh! I guess that´s why it didn´t work when I tried lol! Thanks hawkeye.:)

hawkeye

Guru
You can in fact use most filters on layer masks, but that's not what was done in this case.

Vafann

Guru
yes hawkeye is right, you can technically use a filter on the layer mask but thats just going to mess with the black and white that you painted on there, you want to use the filter on the layer itself.

I tried to make a layer mask on a selection I made around a persons hair, I wanted to change the color, but all that happened was that The whole body disappeared and the mask was left with the hair painted black. I have no idea, how I was able to pull that off lol. :)