What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Automatic minecraft logo making kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoogle

Guru

from scratch follow this tutorial I did before I made the action the font is the pixelated 1 I believe but just swap it with the new 1

FlyingPies155

doesnt work. a vid i found says i need to turn on openGL in preferences but the whole thing of 3d preferences is gray too. Ill try to somehow install openGL.

Hoogle

Guru
I am guessing you do not have a powerfull enough graphics card to support open gl or 3d what text do you want and i will do that part for you and then you can colour it and texture it as much as you like

FlyingPies155

well, i had trouble getting a win7 driver for my graphics card so i installed my motherboard driver and it worked (its integrated). If u can help somehow i have an ATI Radeon 2100

Hoogle

Guru
Ouch just been reading about your graphics card not only is it slightly outdated but even back in the day it was poor and had issues. I would suggest buying even a $40 pci graphics card and it will work better than what you have. Other than help you out what more can I do than offer to do the text for you.

FlyingPies155

hey... i got a new graphics card... but at the repousee step makes it be huge and gets cut off...
nvm... i got it now

Last edited:

Hoogle

Guru
Wow almost 3000 people using this action set try making your font smaller I havent used this in ages or extending your canvas.

Can you free transform it at the end.

I believe there is a new actual minecraft font out thats better than this but Going to try and give instructions without the action from the top of my head.

Step 1 create a new document

step 2 text tool and type name using the included font

step 3 go to 3d> repousse text

angle the text by clicking on the screen and moving your mouse straight up

set your extrude to .50 in the 3d settings

step 4 create a new layer and fill it with the colour you want your logo to be

right click that layer and select create clipping mask

step 5 create a new layer and select the brush tool with the brush provided in the download
and paint your cracks in

step 6 right click that layer and select create clipping mask and then right click it again select blending options
navigate to bevel and emboss

vvvv.PNG

step 7 create a new layer and select the gradient tool choose black to transparant gradient and click and drag on your new laye from bottom to top

right click that layer and choose create clipping mask

Step 8 use the move tool and drag the gradient so it looks good shading the bottom of the text.

Step 9 add a colour adjustment layer either curves, hue saturation or colour balance and fine tweak the colour.

Step 10 failing all that and you still cant get it to work you can PM me on here or youtube and I will create it in any name you like for a fee of $10 made payable via Pay pal. I dont like charging for it but I am bored and have done over 150 of them so I appreciate the money and it is the only reason I still do them

Boomawoom

What software did you use for recording the tutorial? It's pretty cool how it shows you're keyboard strokes on bottom of the screen.

FlyingPies155

when i the repousse was done, the picture was blank... nothing was on the picture at all.... just the transparency checkerboard. and dats not the first time.

Hoogle

Guru
I will make a new action thats more of a text instruction step by step I amnot sure this action will work for large names etc come back in a day or so and I will have it done just had to reinstall all my software so cant do it at the moment.

Hoogle

Guru
What software did you use for recording the tutorial? It's pretty cool how it shows you're keyboard strokes on bottom of the screen.

I Use camtasia studio to record it and generate call outs from a camrec file.

DoTTGaMMa

Great job Hoogle, this is a very useful tool for novice photshoppers- You should make more of these!

Hoogle

Guru
I guess you were absent when we had an active thread of people requesting mninecraft logos we are talking pages and pages of them in the end we closed the thread and I launched a set of tutorials in different platforms on how to make them and finally ended up doing this action however seems to be having issues not sure if it is from the latest photoshop update with just under 3000 downloads and only now problems seem to be emerging I am guessing something has changed.

FlyingPies155

Wow almost 3000 people using this action set try making your font smaller I havent used this in ages or extending your canvas.
I set font to 14 and canvas to 20000 by 20000 pixels and it still doesn't work... except it just disappears...

Status
Not open for further replies.