What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re: Man of Steel Movie Poster!

I have a question. Why don't you just use overlay in the dust layer? What the point of extra steps??

PhotoshopTrainingChannel

I have a question. Why don't you just use overlay in the dust layer? What the point of extra steps??

If you are referring to the dust layer in the background, then you could certainly use overlay if you like (there is more than one way to do things in Photoshop) but I found that adding the layer mask gave me a better result for what I wanted. It was simply an aesthetic decision, I thought I looked better!

I TOTALLY a newbie (I'm learning photoshop myself) so can you clarify this a little for me?

If using layer mask, only dust will stand out of the background
If using overlay, the "background" of dust will also be mixed with "the background of steel"

Is it right?

Another newbie question, how can i delete guide lines after using?

Tioga

In reference to removing the guidelines.
Key board short cut - Pressing CTRL+; will remove them also. Hope this helps.
Ron

Remote-Medic

Beast RARRR!
Re: Cool Paint Peeling Off Text Effect

Great tutorial PTC, will have a play with this later.

On a side note: Sometimes the video pauses (goes into Pause) thought I had problems my end but I think it's in the video. May be worth a mention on your YT page to stop moaners ;)

Thanks Again, enjoyed that :thumbsup:

Funkstar

Re: How To Make Money With Photoshop

Pretty cool, only I can't find the squares.png file, which makes it impossible to complete :p Could you please upload that one? Thanks