What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retouching Skin without loosing any details

Novelo

Tutorial about retouching Skin without loosing any details

[video=youtube_share;nDKQrWY5F6Q]http://youtu.be/nDKQrWY5F6Q[/video]

Novelo

ohh sorry I didn't see it .. sorry sorry sorry. This explains because there are so low views on that video ;)

Tom Mann

Guru
Thank you for posting the tutorial, Novelo. Your method comes across very clearly, and, IMHO, you speak at a nice pace so that relatively inexperienced viewers can follow along.

My only criticism is that if the size of the image or the desired texture is substantially different, one would have to adjust the various parameters, and do so without a firm basis upon which to make those decisions. This could take time and frustrate some who try it.

What I would like to add is that your various applications of the high pass, Gaussian blur, layer blending modes, and BlendIF sliders essentially are manipulating the spatial frequency distribution in the image in different ways in different tonal ranges.

For those readers who want a more direct way to make such adjustments, and are willing to spend money on commercial plug-ins, Topaz "Detail", "Clarity", and other plugins provide more direct control of the various spatial frequency, tonal, and contrast ranges, and allow one to work very fast. This is especially important if one has many photos to retouch in a limited amount of time.

Nevertheless, IMHO, you presented another approach to frequency separation based softening in a very nice way.

Best regards,

Tom M