What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I convert a large image to a very small image without the image being blurry?

mpetrock

I'm working with CS2 and I have a .png image that's 2048 pixels by 1536 pixels and I want to shrink it down to fit into a web banner whose size is 320x50. When I try to shrink it down the image gets blurry.

I posted this question in another websites forum and an answer I got was to use an online resizing tool, but when I use that tool, or any online tool, the image is has jagged edges.

Please help!!

Thanks.

Re: How do I convert a large image to a very small image without the image being blur

First of all...You can't shrink it down to those dimensions without distorting it. The aspect ratios are completely different. Perhaps you can explain more.

Re: How do I convert a large image to a very small image without the image being blur

Hey Mike, what method are you using to shrink the image?

edit: Posted before I saw Hawks post. He's much better at helping with these matters than I.

What is the image, can it be traced in a vector program and then re sized ?

Back