What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scalable swirl/wave for print and web

kassidi

I'm working for a company and their branding element is a wave with a lot of gradients. (attached) It needs to look good on white, and on black, and I need to recreate it so it doesn't get grainy for print. What is a good tutorial, or video that I could get some ideas of how to do this?

swirl.jpg

Thanks!
Kassidi

I also might want to add some animation later on so it actually waves/moves a little, so any assistance/ideas about that would be appreciated.

Thanks again!

Do you have Adobe Illustrator? Take the image you have into Photoshop and make the background white. The export it to AI and try Live Trace as a High Fidelity photo. Once done, if it is acceptable, then it is scale able without loss of quality.

What ALB68 Said...
Do you have Adobe Illustrator? Take the image you have into Photoshop and make the background white. The export it to AI and try Live Trace as a High Fidelity photo. Once done, if it is acceptable, then it is scale able without loss of quality.

Or any vector software if you do not have illustrator...

LOGOS... VECTOR....Always personally... scalable without loss of quality. PIXELS.. PHOTOSHOP. For website Logos only.

Create in black and white , then add the colours.

Back