What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TonyCooper

I am not impressed with this effect, but I'll try something new just to see what the result it.

At an art show I saw a drag queen getting ready to go out for a promotional appearance
and photographed him from the back.

I Googled "dave hill tutorials" and followed one to create this image. I didn't find it difficult at
all to follow, but the effect depends a great deal on the photograph you start with. Mine has
less "face" and a lot of surroundings. I did add a boost to Saturation in the final product
because the colors make this image.

If you are having problems, link to the tutorial you used and explain which step(s) were a
problem for you. Just a general statement that it was difficult doesn't tell us much. Also,
post the photo you tried it on so we can see what can be done with it using this technique.

2016-03-01-1.jpg

TonyCooper

Glad you fond a tutorial that works for you.

I tried another one with a face, and I'm still not impressed with the technique. But,
if you like it, go for it.

2015-01-06-9.jpg

inkpad.t

Guru
You might have found that tutorial confusing if you didn't know that a plug in call Topaz Labs was used.

When attempting to get the Dave Hill effect i would hope you understand what that effect is, its HDR , and more. By understanding what HDR is, it will give you a better perspective on how to achieve it. When using tutorials if they don't tell you what the canvas/image size is and what resolution they area using to get that effect, you might not get the same result. dig deeper and i'm sure you'l get there.