What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ontonagon Lighthouse

GeorgeB

This is the Ontonagon Light...no longer in service but well maintained by the historical society. It is located in the Upper Pennsylvania of Michigan and I got this shot last summer. Lots of post-processing here because when I got the shot it was poring rain...I mean really poring. The shot was completely washed out but I wanted to see if I could make something of it and this is what I cam up with. Not sure if I like the light effect I put on the lighthouse but I will leave it for the time being.

20160906-GB-009-small.jpg

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
That's a nice photo!

Although the sky doesn't look realistic and the bright blue of the water suggest bright light, so that clashes a bit.
Just my opinion...

gedstar

Guru
Hi GeorgeB

Maybe you could show the original image so we could see a before and after :thumbsup:

GeorgeB

gedstar - I probably should have done that in the beginning...I'm just getting up to speed in these forums. This is the out of camera shot:

20160906-GB-009.jpg

GeorgeB

Great selection work...especially in the tree line. Thanks for the effort. I need to get better at selections.

gedstar

Guru