What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wedding pics: Post editing. washed put, contrast tones? How to...

Tom Satherley

Hi

Working through a batch of wedding edits, I've managed to achieve (at most!) the more subtle tones of a picture, but i'd like to try and produce something that is a little more darker that most wedding photographers are able to achieve. it maybe in RAW editing its toggling vibrance and the black/white sliders, but I'm not sure.

I'd like to get from this (original image):

to this:

dark+2.jpg

or this for outdoors:

dark+1.jpg
Any tips/advice/methods would be much appreciated.

Thankyou

colleague

Guru
if you add a level adjustment-layer
you can change the output- level 255 to 180

Attachments

• eyAA4.png
    eyAA4.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 12

Tom Satherley

Thanks for this. I guess this is for the darkness of it. I'm unsure about the bits before this though. The pictures still have that 'punch' look to it and a 'warm' like effect. maybe some contrast or black slider in the raw setting have been played with a little? I can't mimic what this editor has achieved.

This is my attempt.

Shadow Highlight.jpg
1. Open your imagine PS.
To get details back in the shadows, type in these values.

Layers.jpg
2. I took a sample with the pipette from the 'highlights' of your 2nd image. On a new layer I filled it with this color, set the layer mode to multiply.

DSC_0478 chrisdesign.jpg
3. This is the result.