What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great technique for removing white halo around selection

fredfish

Guru
I rarely subscribe to Youtube channels - but Glyns is one of the ones that I do subscribe, I think I have yet to view one of his videos that hasn't proved to be useful - now if I could only remember all this stuff! :cheesygrin:

Cheers

John

Eggy

Retired Moderator
That's why we subscribe to some peoples channel so we can go back when needed...:cheesygrin:
My memory isn't that good no more to remember all those techniques.

SMOk3

Power User
I've been watching Glyn for a while now and have picked up some good points. This one however will come in handy and save time.
As I normally mess about with a mask and the eraser trying to get rid of the halo.

SMOk3

Power User
This is were learning the correct techniques come into it's own. I've still got a multitude of just the basics to learn.

polarwoc

Guru
A problem we've all encountered when doing selections and the option 'matting/remove white Matte or defringe doesn't get you the best result.
Here's a technique used by Glyn Dewis
Awesome tutorial, thanks for sharing. This saves a lot of time and gives good results.

At around 2:46, Glyn mentions Alt+Backspace hotkey to fill with foreground colour. This hotkey does not work for me. Ctrl+Backspace fills with background colour fine, but the Alt+Backspace does not fill with FG colour. When I hit Alt+Backspace, it just beeps and does nothing.

I discovered that holding Alt, keeping it pressed and then hitting Backspace twice and then releasing Alt key does the fill with Foreground colour for me.

polarwoc

Guru
I use Photoshop CC 19.0 on Windows 10. Nothing happens when I use Alt + Del. When I press Alt + Backspace, I get a Beep and nothing happens. Only Alt + Double Backspace fills foreground colour for me.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Weird...I use win 10 too but even with win 7 in any version of PS (I use CC2018 - 19.1.3) ALT + DEL always filled with foreground color...