What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multiple resize automation

midgard

Hi I have a website with a lots of photos, the website use masonry design witch mean each photos have the same width but different height.

I have to resize all my photos but only one field is fixed the other is auto I can do this manually without problem has soon I enter the size for the width the height is adjusted automatically.

My question is how can I automate this process? I mean I open all image from a folder then run an automation script so it resize all my photos and save them with quality 10

Thanks

Aakshat

Power User
I think you can resize images with css itself.

Width: auto
height: 100% or 300px

cant you?

midgard

of course I can resize them with CSS but currently the image is somewhere around 4000x6000 so to speed up image loading I have to resize the image so the file size will be lower.

midgard

Thanks Aakshat but this dosent work or it work for images having the same ratio
for example I have an image 2000x6000 another 3000x6000 and another 5000x6000
if I use this script all image will have 300x600 while what I was expecting is to get
200x600 300x600 and the other 500x600

so I would need something like
height 600px
width:auto

So all three will have an height of 600px but with a different width depending on the original image size

But Tonight I will try it in case the value mean maximum value and not absolute value

Aakshat

Power User
I am not on my pc so i cant try. but maybe try leaving the width box blank and only enter height - 600px, and dont forget to check 'resize to fit'.

midgard

I found a work around there is something in file / automation who is called something like adapt image I'm not sure my photoshop is in French so this option permit to select the max height or width on an image

So I created an action that do File / Automation / Adapt Image then after it does File / Save as and the quality 10 is set then after it close the file.

If I can find a way where the script will press ok automatically on each action it will be perfect

midgard

Aakshat, I will try it, I tried 4 or 5 of them but found they produced a less quality than photoshop

Aakshat

Power User
Sure. Check it, i dont think it'll disappoint you. just take some time to understand its settings and make sure you choose right options.

2018-07-17_231307.png

Last edited: