What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Background removal

The first attachment is on a blue background so that you can see the selection detail. The second attachment is a PNG file with a transparent background that you can place into any image.

Remove Background.jpg

Remove Background.png

Thank you. For the jaw, neck and body I used the Pen Tool to make a selection, to which I applied a 1-pixel feather. For the hair, I used a combination of the tutorial below, plus the Refine Edge feature built into Photoshop. I rarely have success with Refine Edge, but in this particular case the background is very uniform and it worked well. The tutorial has a lot of good tips, especially the part about dealing with fringes in your mask (at approx. 13:30 in the video).

As I was replying to your question I noticed an area of hair (upper-right part of image) where I had masked away too much. I think this version is better.

Remove Background2.png

Back