What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to add full frame color

ChrisMania

What i mean by that is for example when you have a picture like this, how do you turn it completely red or purple? Like if you see everything through red glasses. Please make a step by step tutorial response if you know how to do this.pexels-photo-57905.jpg

And another one. How would you turn this picture to full green?
Red-Sparrow-1000x562.jpg

thebestcpu

Guru
Add a Hue/Sat Adjustment Layer and adjust the three sliders for the color and tone desired.
Done
Hope that helps
John Wheeler

thebestcpu

Guru
For the first image use the same adjustment Layer and click on the "Colorize" box and adjust the three sliders until you get what you want.

There are many ways to do this in Photoshop and this is just one.
Hope this helps
John Wheeler

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First image.

What i mean by that is for example when you have a picture like this, how do you turn it completely red or purple? Like if you see everything through red glasses.
Well, it all depends on what you mean by "seeing everything through red glasses".

This one. (Add a Hue & Sat adjustment layer)
Rich colors and nice contrast!
Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 8.49.26 PM.png

OR

This one. (Add a Color fill adjustment layer set to "Hard Light" blending mode)
Even bland red across whole image.
Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 8.49.05 PM.png

Second image.

I agree with John on this one. (Add a Hue & Sat adjustment layer and adjust the three sliders for the color and tone desired).
Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 8.53.52 PM.png

ChrisMania

Alright, thanks , you did a great job, but since im really a beginner can you explain me in more detail on how you did that ?

ChrisMania

I just want to know how you did you do the middle and last picture you sent, that's what i ment

Update: Alright never mind guys, i got it , thanks it turns out it was really easy

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
OK

On this one....
Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 8.49.05 PM.png

Open the image in Photoshop.

We now need a Solid Color Fill adjustment layer.
Go to LAYER > NEW FILL LAYER > SOLID COLOR
Screen Shot 2019-06-23 at 9.30.53 AM.png
Name the new layer then pick a color from the color picker that opens.

Set the new Solid Color Fill adjustment layer blending mode to "Hard Light".
(The blending mode options are located in the layers panel next to the Opacity adjustment.)
Done

Screen Shot 2019-06-23 at 9.38.17 AM.png

If you want to change the color or adjust it, double click the color box icon of the Color Fill Layer and the Color picker will open. Change color.