What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Car accident

Eggy

Retired Moderator
That's a very nice one, knowing that you like broken stuff...
Just one thingy in the composition. Shouldn't the para-medic and firemen with the wounded driver/passenger on the stretcher be flipped horizontally so it look if they were heading towards the ambulance instead of going towards the car again?

Last edited:

jkemp

That does look good. Here's a few pointer :

- There something weird going on with the colours and saturation on the truck. The whole side feels over desaturated... Shouldn't the side windows have a little blueish tint, just like the front windshield ? I don't quite know what feels wrong, but there's something there...

- Good job on the debris on the floor (in front of the truck), but I think each piece should cast a longer shadow, just like the columns and the people in the back... This would also help make them stand out.

- You could maybe get rid of a few stickers in the front windshield... It's kinda busy and hard to read...

- The darkening you did on the building's window on the far left isn't looking as good as the rest of the picture... I'm guessing it was too bright and disturbing, but I guess I'd cover the whole thing with bricks instead to keep thing plausible...

Hope this helps. :)

JK.

Argos

Guru
That's a very nice one, knowing that you like broken stuff...
Just one thingy in the composition. Shouldn't the para-medic and firemen with the wounded driver/passenger on the stretcher be flipped horizontally so it look if there were heading towards the ambulance instead of going towards the car again?

Haha, you're right when I don't have an idea at the beginning I usually ended up in some kind of disaster......:rofl::rofl:
You're right and i noticed but I can't mirror them because of the light direction and after that pen work, I was too lazy to get rid of it :joy::joy:.

That does look good. Here's a few pointer :

- There something weird going on with the colours and saturation on the truck. The whole side feels over desaturated... Shouldn't the side windows have a little blueish tint, just like the front windshield ? I don't quite know what feels wrong, but there's something there...

- Good job on the debris on the floor (in front of the truck), but I think each piece should cast a longer shadow, just like the columns and the people in the back... This would also help make them stand out.

- You could maybe get rid of a few stickers in the front windshield... It's kinda busy and hard to read...

- The darkening you did on the building's window on the far left isn't looking as good as the rest of the picture... I'm guessing it was too bright and disturbing, but I guess I'd cover the whole thing with bricks instead to keep thing plausible...

Hope this helps. :)

JK.

-Yes I didn't notice as much as I did with a problem I had with the front wheel it didn't wanna blend and I center a lot on that one...

-You're right, being on a more shadow zone I didn't think about it but I think a little bit of shadow will help the scraps to blend better,

-I will try it.

-That was one of the last things I did and I was really tired... I made a decent cut on the background (top and lower part) the original background had a big vignetting, after cutting the background I just made the vignetting myself and i didn't see that windows I will be fixing that for sure :thumbsup:.

Thanks, both! for your opinion and feedback!

Cheers!

Redz166

Looks great i love the overall affect!

there is quite a noticable difference in quality between the truck the ambulance.
the people being sourced from much higher resolution pictures, and the guy pushing the stretcher seems to be hovering.

but good work✌

Argos

Guru
Looks great i love the overall affect!

there is quite a noticable difference in quality between the truck the ambulance.
the people being sourced from much higher resolution pictures, and the guy pushing the stretcher seems to be hovering.

but good work✌

Thanks! Yes, I noticed but it's an unfinished job I want to add more things and I wanted to wait to the end to match the quality on all the objects.

Argos

Guru

I thought I did that at the end without noticing but I take a look at the original background and it's already like that ^^

Excellent work Argos!
A big improvement to the first version. Now the scene looks really believable.

Argos

Guru
Thanks, Chris! The advice of the people help a lot ^^, I'm sure there are plenty more things to improve but at the moment I'm happy with, still accept feedback and opinions do.

There is a little mistake on the cops behind the ambulance, the police text is mirrored, I already fix it but I didn't want to put another version on the thread only for that :rofl::rofl:

jkemp

It's gettin' better and better. :)

A few more things (hey I hope you don't think I'm annoying... let me know if so.. ;) )

- Great move with the second car... It now makes so much more sense... I feel like they were racing in this weird place and something went wrong...

- Not so sure about the guy leaning on the truck... Feels weird to have him there, alone, while the other wounded gets all the attention...

- The scale of the fences in the foreground feels wrong when compared to the policeman in the front, on the left... The guy feels ok, the fences should be bigger I think.

JK

Argos

Guru
It's gettin' better and better. :)

A few more things (hey I hope you don't think I'm annoying... let me know if so.. ;) )

- Great move with the second car... It now makes so much more sense... I feel like they were racing in this weird place and something went wrong...

- Not so sure about the guy leaning on the truck... Feels weird to have him there, alone, while the other wounded gets all the attention...

- The scale of the fences in the foreground feels wrong when compared to the policeman in the front, on the left... The guy feels ok, the fences should be bigger I think.

JK

Not at all opinions and feedback are welcome and appreciated!
Its a woman leaning on the van and the idea was to put more EMT personal helping her but I couldn't find the appropriate yet, I found a redhead on his knees that fit perfectly next to her with his hand on his leg but i couldn't blend her, the light was too different and it look too fake, the other I found were groups but too big in my opinion and broke a little bit the "flow" of the image :joy::joy:

You're possibly right about the fences but when I made it bigger I didn't like how it looks on the image, the flow thing.... XD

jkemp

You're possibly right about the fences but when I made it bigger I didn't like how it looks on the image, the flow thing.... XD

Thinking more about those... they just don't really make sense... Unless they were already there before the crash occured... but I'm pretty sure the police would rather use a yellow "DANGER POLICE WHATEVER" yellow ribbon which takes seconds to install, instead of big, heavy and bulky metal fences... :D

Argos

Guru
Thinking more about those... they just don't really make sense... Unless they were already there before the crash occured... but I'm pretty sure the police would rather use a yellow "DANGER POLICE WHATEVER" yellow ribbon which takes seconds to install, instead of big, heavy and bulky metal fences... :D

I've seen a lot of car crash scene doing this montage and I've seen both cases, barricades, and tape, I didn't search in which case use wich one, but i assume that the barricade fence is used in open spaces to control the crowd, so you're right this one is not the best case XD.

But i already used the tape one in my fire montage so just put the fences to change it a little bit XD

https://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/threads/fire.61241/