What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Gift for my mother

SilverLapraz

This is gonna be a very vague request and I don’t know if this is the right place to ask this, but is it possible that someone can make this picture look better. I wanna get it framed and give it to my mother as a gift beforeI head off to college. I would really appreciate if you could make this image higher quality.

A16CE62B-E4D6-46BF-AC20-F7661D72912C.jpeg

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi Silver. I kept the original edits as normal practice for a few weeks and here is a version with the exposure increased that might be more suitable for a print.
Hope this helps
John Wheeler

ADDED EDIT: You did not request any special cropping or fill for a given aspect ratio which sometimes helps for specific size printing. Just let me know if that is desired as there are options to make it fit in a given aspect ratio without cropping out any of the image.

Off-to-college---increase-exposure.jpg

SilverLapraz

Hi Silver. I kept the original edits as normal practice for a few weeks and here is a version with the exposure increased that might be more suitable for a print.
Hope this helps
John Wheeler

ADDED EDIT: You did not request any special cropping or fill for a given aspect ratio which sometimes helps for specific size printing. Just let me know if that is desired as there are options to make it fit in a given aspect ratio without cropping out any of the image.

View attachment 100914
i don’t really know what your asking but it looks pretty good

thebestcpu

Guru
You wont have an issue if you print it yourself yet if you take it to a photo printer, they typically will crop the image to fit the aspect ratio of the print size.
In the three examples below I put a thin white line around the original image and then show where the crop would occur for a 4x6 then a 5x7 then an 8x10 standard image sizes.
Creative fill can be done so that such cropping would not occur if desired. That is what I was trying to communicate. I am sure you mom would love any of them without any more work as well

4x6
Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 5.53.29 PM.png

5x7
Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 5.53.58 PM.png

8x10
Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 5.54.20 PM.png