What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Can someone remove the man from this image?

heyandrea

Looking to see if the man can be removed and generally touch up these photos. Thanks in advance!
photo1.jpg

Mod edit: One edit per request please. Thanks.

Lld

Rich54

Guru
This is fairly difficult because his arms are covering both of your shoulders and much of your upper body. Once I erase his arms, all the rest of you behind his arms would need to be created based on very little information. Not sure if I'm able to do it.

I was going to give it a try anyway until I realized that, once the man is removed, your right hand will be left floating in the air in an awkward, unnatural pose. One possible fix is to erase your entire right forearm and substitute a new arm hanging straight down behind your leg. Either way, it would be a lot of work for, probably, an unsatisfactory result.

I haven't seen the other photos that you originally intended to post (and were since deleted). Is one of the others maybe a better candidate instead of this one?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I was going to give it a try anyway until I realized that, once the man is removed, your right hand will be left floating in the air in an awkward, unnatural pose. One possible fix is to erase your entire right forearm and substitute a new arm hanging straight down behind your leg. Either way, it would be a lot of work for, probably, an unsatisfactory result.
Agreed.
I haven't seen the other photos that you originally intended to post (and were since deleted). Is one of the others maybe a better candidate instead of this one?
Yes. The second photo is a better candidate for removing the guy. Only one hand to remove in front of her. I though about combining the two (borrowing and reversing), but the lighting and quality are very different. The second photo was also out of focus.
Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 12.14.06 PM.png

@heyandrea - You should start a new thread with the second photo. It's a better candidate for a successful edit.
(clever username! It can be used in the beginning of any comment.)

Argos

Guru
I agree with rich and IamSam, but I can't resist this kind of challenge... to at least see what I can get... But I think the other one will have a lot better results...

The background is the first one I found I was already tired but I think something more similar on tone and contrast to the original would help with the blending.

photo1originalf.jpg

Last edited: