What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Color matching a photo

flabber

How do I darken left face a lot so it will be the same color as the right image?

fErmvYg.png
I used the brightness contrast adjustment layer and set brightness minimum [-150] and the contrast maximum [+100] but its still not dark enough

W8eJxgD.png

polarwoc

Guru
Hi and welcome @flabber
You are supposed to upload images directly onto this site rather than use a third party image uploader. You can use a third party site only if your images are not accepted by this site.

Aakshat

Power User
I think you can do that with hue saturation layer.
below is the result which i was able to achieve

Untitled.png
here's what i did
Used hue/saturation, reduced saturation and adjusted lightness to make it darker.
Then duplicate layer then added monochromatic noise then applied gaussian blur and adjusted saturation again.

you have to play with above mentioned filters and adjustment layers to get exact results.

MentosCubing

Power User
I don't like to use the lightness slider on the hue/saturation adjustment layer. It can give very odd and unnatural results. Instead, I would recommend a Curves layer that looks something like this:
1612803349761.png
Other than that, I agree 100% with @Aakshat's response.