What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Adding To Gaming Server Graphic

Lv01 Metapod

Howdy!

So I am a part of an online gaming community that is adding a roleplay server to our scope of activities. One of our friends did the first graphic, and it's perfect for us, but he no longer has the PSD. The attached PSD has the original graphic on it, and a new layer for the added "RP" text, but I cannot for the life of me replicate the lighting. glow, and droplets like the original has. I've spent around four hours on this today and just have to keep reverting back :joy:

In short, trying to make the graphic the same as the original except with "RP" added at the end. This is not copywritten material by any means, just thought I would add.

Attachments

• Crit Logo to RP.psd
    414.7 KB · Views: 12
Hello -

Don't know if I have the complete skills to undertake this. I suspect this will have to be a rebuild.
I did find the font - called Val and available as a free download at:
I'll take a shot at recreating - but if anyone wants to jump at it, at least the font is a start.
- Jeff

I decided to try my hand at a rebuild. Found the font and recreated the outer shapes. The drips and drops I picked up from the original. Also the tongue-like image. I made a few guesses at the edits and those outer glows aren't exact.
I attached as a png if you want to use it. If you also want my working psd files, will be glad to supply. It's already taken quite a bit of time for me to get this far.
Hope this works in the meantime.
(*NOTE - My original image response was in wrong color space -converted to sRGB to match original)
- Jeff
crit rp val revised color space.png

Last edited:

Back